Restart button(Help how)

Hey thx for reply but its was a 3 day war…then i must asking you to show me how this must look …i read what you tell me and just dont get it…please sent here a jpeg for me… :cry:

A picture of what?

We’re struggling to understand exactly what are you trying to do.

There’s an example about checkpoints bundled with your copy of GD5, you can see how a basic checkpoint system works there.

If you want to do something more complex, and you don’t know how and ask us to solve the problem; then we would be building your game for you, and that’s not the idea, right?

Try to copy the checkpoint system from the example to your game, that way you’ll understand how it works and eventually you will customize it. If you need help understanding how the example works, this is the place to ask for.

I think you’re overcomplicating something easy before even understand how it works.

I’ve already shown how it must be done, in my first reply I’ve attached an image :slight_smile:

How do you want this checkpoint/save system to work?, is there a well known game that has a similar system?

Hi again…yes you got right but i wonna say…i se this gdevelop a 5 days ago… and i strogling with this 3 days…on basic tutorial make everything with any problem…untill this idea of tap the save position whare the player wont’s…and its hold me in here… asking for a help…
Lizard…i try making what you show me but sometimes i dont se those option what you wright in forum in gdevelop…they just not there… that why i ask for jpeg…i see this cactus in basic start but its not work…i will ask for something else and try uderstand this variable settings if i can’t do i will give up…thx for you time everyone.

So, you have been in GD just like 5 days and you’re already giving up, I see.

Taking into account the short amount of time you have been with this program, you should propose yourself to do something simpler until you master it better.

The other problem is we aren’t understanding what do you want to do.

I also recommend reading the basics first.

This is the best I can do for you right now, a commented example:
Checkpoints.zip (3.68 KB)
There are two scenes, the first one uses a save button to store the current player position, on death go back to the saved position. The second scene uses checkpoints, when you collide with a checkpoint activate it, on death go back to the active checkpoint position, hope it helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thx lizard this is what i asking for… first and second idea is good for me…but… it’s not working…i download a new other gdevelop 5 and i give here a answer if it’s working…

Can you specify if you found the example project ̶L̶i̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ isn’t working at all or ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ you’re unable to apply it to your own project? (Take into account it’s not just a copy-paste magic thing, you have to slightly customize it to apply it depending on how you have build the events of your project).

'Cause, my friend, I already tried the Lizard’s example and it works neatly.

hih thx for help it’s funny i just download another gdevelop5 instal and …tadam…it’s work and change to work for me and it’s okay…it was just a some buggg…bugg 3 days buggg ahhaha thx again.Lizard.And thx for patience.And sorry for my language(mistakes).
Erdo i like you drawings awesome, when i was in your age hahaha:):stuck_out_tongue: i draw too but don’t have internet just to send it to site internet in my time just comming to poland and when it comes ,was on phone connection…prytt.tat.ta.tatata.ta ta…if you know what i mean…greetings. :smiley:

Hey, I want to play your game! What did you publish it on? Did you publish it on Itch.io, Game Jolt, gd.games, etc.?