Survive Custom - Divergent Conflicts

Third Screeny! I just completed half of the scenes that I need. There will be no turning back.

Fourth Screeny! I’ve been on vacation lately and I am finally back into work. Just showing how all the ‘pretty things’ are being made.

Fifth Screeny! Nothing special. (or Really…?)

Sixth Screeny! Took me the whole week to build that stairs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we expect a playable demo or at least a gameplay video for Christmas? :unamused:

Well, you can expect a gameplay teaser soon but as for a demo, it will take some time :frowning: . The room development is priority one for now. :wink:

Seventh Screeny! Its already Christmas and the ship is still under construction. Anyway, I am trying my best to get this done. :slight_smile:

Eight Screeny! Looks like a hammer. :slight_smile:

Are the last screenshots showing places of a single scene?
In case it is one scene only then you have been working on it at least for 2 weeks 27.Nov → 15.Dec.

I don’t want to be a pain but In a 3D engine you could get the same done in hours.

It must be some sort of self punishment using a 2D engine to make all this :smiling_imp:
Looks great though. I can’t wait to see some action in those rooms :laughing:

Haha, it seems you have been very observant. Those are separate scenes actually. You do know Gdevelop can’t handle too much 3d boxes in single scene.

Well, it might be painful but its gonna be a lot of fun once I reached to the action part. :smiley:
Anyway, expect more screenies and the scenes will be finished soon. :wink:

9th screeny! Looks lime the handle of a katana blade.

Good news everyone. I am starting to work on a demo now. Be ready to expect a teaser and a demo soon.

This is not the first time you announce it. I don’t believe you. The only thing able to convince me if I can launch it from my desktop and it works, didn’t crash on me and it is not just displaying a message “demo coming soon” with all your screenshots and a link to this forum :smiling_imp:

10th Screeny! I am working on 3d models for the antagonists in the game. The demo has progressed better than I expected.
Now I got to animate it and make it into sprites. :slight_smile:

Good news! The tech demo has been released here! :smiley: Click this link, stjiek.itch.io/survive-custom-demo

Interesting.

Few things. Could you make it so that when I press Escape, the application exit and start in windowed mode instead of full screen? I had to be using Task Manager to exit.

Also, in my opinion it would better if the camera would not follow the rotation of the character, and if the character could move left and right too not only just forward and backward. The camera rotation could be added as an option we can turn on and off later on.

Finally a bug. When I walked up to a door and pressed the key to switch to attack mode (?) I guess the character messed up and no longer played nor the walking animation nor the punching animations, nothing. I was able to move around but no animations played and could no longer change between the two state and I could not even use the doors any more. I guess you might checking the animation to use doors when animation finished perhaps?.

I don’t know what happened there but completely messed up everything. :laughing:

Thank you for your reply. It might be a suprise to you that inability to exit during the gameplay is intentional :stuck_out_tongue:

You can only side move when you walk straight or back. As for the camera, i am keeping that way because I am trying to limit what players will be able to see and add a feel of discomfort.

Could you elaborate more on that bug? You are supposed to scroll up and down to change modes.

:confused:
So you are trying to force people to play through the game or something and exit the game only when it complete or you decided to turn the game into a joke/fake virus sort of thing?
If you would display a blue screen of death instead with no option to exit and try to throw as many processes on the CPU to run it 100% and fill the memory up with garbage to make the whole system freeze could work too :smiling_imp:
Maybe not in Windows 10 though, it got pretty good resource management and control but older systems.

I think I was pressing unintentionally multiple keys the same time not sure what I was doing but it is ended up breaking the game but I can imagine you done it intentionally.
I’ll try to reproduce it if you add the exit and windowed option :stuck_out_tongue: