AdMob makes the game freeze at 100% loaded. (Repost)

(Repost from Help for games creation)

I checked it multiple times, and tried modifying the AdMob object but nothing works…

The AdMob object can be in the project (even the event’s can be there) and it will load and start just fine, but if I put it in the scene (drag it in, in the scene editor), the game loads to 100% and it doesn’t go further than that.

I was hoping it wouldn’t happen once I export it, but it still did - same situation in Intel XDK, both on “Simulate” and “Test” (on my phone).

I know the same thing used to happen when I created an infinite loop and/or some other mistakes (doesn’t always freeze at 100%, sometimes it’s a different number), but I don’t see what’s creating a problem here.

Please help.

Can you try this?: https://github.com/4ian/GD/issues/360#issuecomment-324779654 :slight_smile:

Yessss, thank you man, so much, it works. And a thank you to 4ian of course, if he ever reads this.

The excitement was short-lived haha, another problem came up in XDK:

"There is no handler for the following exec call:

AdMob.createBanner

Please enter a value bellow to be returned for this call…" and so on.

What now?

EDIT:

It might just be the XDK not being able to perform this… a limitation of the “simulate” feature of sorts… correct me if I’m wrong.

Yup, it works just fine when exported, it was a limitation on XDK’s side.

Hi there, It’s because XDK & the old admob plugin has updated so I think it’s down to the Gdevelop team to rework the code to make work with the updates. I made a game with the hope of publishing it with ads.

I imagine this not going to happen for a while.