hello world

hail, gdevelop users. I am having a lot of fun with this software. It’s much better than anything else I’ve used. I am just testing around with various examples and web tutorials. Right now I plan on making a turn-based side-scrolling RPG, similar to tactics RPG’s, but with more of a platform feel. Turn based Shadow over Mystara? I am obsessed with Heroes Of Might And Magic and have been left feeling abandoned by Ubi’s development on the series. I enjoyed the old art and sci-fi-esque story, so I am going to use a comparable theme.

I suppose I am going to piece together several scenes and supplement with externals. Right now I’ve just got several unrelated projects such as a score tracker (memory structure file), point-and-click pathfinding, platformer, etc. I don’t think I’m actually going to use the platformer extensions, as there won’t be jumping. The graphic design will be more isometric; away from the player to create depth.

My next steps are to finish adding base features to the Battle_Core including turn order, movement length, attacking, basic AI etc. Right now the enemy is a zombie that just moves towards the player until they are intersecting. I’m thinking I’ll also make other cores, such as Menu, Shop, maybe also World Map. I need to finish the basic combat structure before moving on to those aspects.

I’m thinking that there will be a campaign, some scenarios, and possibly a random dungeon generator. I’m no where close to that point, but there’s enough examples and tutorials to accomplish most of my idea.

Welcome!, and good luck with the game, seems that you are going in the right direction :smiley:

Hello, welcome and good luck on the project !