Candy Dragon

Well, this is not a full game and never meant to be, Inspired by flappy bird but actually it was a Phaser tutorial and I figured might worth make it in GD5 and share it.

The goal of the game is that the dragon is think of a candy and you need to collect that candy while avoiding all the other candies. If you collect the candy the dragon wants, you get some score and if you collide with the other candies you lose some health. The game is running until the dragon lose all the health or 60 seconds.

Try the game here, on the new and shiny GDevelop hosting services which is allow you to share your games directly from GDevelop5 with a click of a button :slight_smile:
[deleted]
NOTE:// seems like the GD hosting lost the music and some sprites somewhere in between upload and compile :confused: Try it on the itch.io link below to see how it supposed to be…

Get the project file from here for free:
gametemplates.itch.io/template-candy-dragon

Simple but smoothy. Are you sure sprites are lost and it isn’t a Z-order thing?
Also what is score for?, I always get 0… I’m a noob! :cry: :laughing:

The goal of the game is that the dragon is think of a candy and you need to collect that candy while avoiding all the other candies. If you collect the candy the dragon wants, you get some score and if you collide with the other candies you lose some health. The game is running until the dragon lose all the health or 60 seconds. Maybe it is not obvious if you are playing on GD host as the think bubble is missing and there is no place the describe it :laughing:

It was a last minute idea to try the new GD hosting too, the plan was and my suggestion for now for everyone is to go to itch.io to try :wink: But I added this description in the first post too :laughing:

Yes, I’m sure it is not Z order, the music don’t play either, it should and it is on itch.io.

Oh, I just saw the “Run asset pack” button, weird label to run a game, but it’s a page to share assets I guess :smiley:
Nice :slight_smile:

It should run automatically when you open the page :confused:
I don’t get a run button to run it.

On itch.io I share my examples as “assets” because there is no other game related category but “game” or “game asset”.
But not sure why is it displaying run asset pack for you. There is an option on itch to play content only if a button is clicked but I set it to play automatically on page load as the point of the whole thing is to see what the example is all about and you can decide if it something you need.

It says something like “not designed to run on your device”, but it runs perfectly smooth, surely because it’s a Xiaomi :imp:

Oh I see. On itch.io I need to tick a box if the game is optimized for mobiles, I don’t normally tick that box but I’m glad if it works anyway :slight_smile:

Looks like large file (bigger than ~1mo) are not properly uploaded. I’m going to fix this for the next beta :slight_smile: